So tonight I’m finishing my day like I have enjoyed finishing each day in November…by scrolling through my reader, checking out all of my fellow bloggers’ pictures and words. To my surprise, a couple of my new blogbuddies have nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Thank you! Thank you to https://challenges101.wordpress.com/ and to https://crisisalive.wordpress.com/ for the shout out. I have gotten to know you through the November Photo101 challenge, and have greatly enjoyed your images, words, and your encouragement. I would encourage my followers to pop on over to these blogs. Get ready to be blessed. I didn’t realize how one’s life could be enhanced by being a part of a blogging community until I started in on these photo challenges. https://crisisalive.wordpress.com/ your November 18 entry “Awakening or Re-Awakening” made me cry. It helps so much to know others are struggling through the same things. Thank you for your courage.
1. Thank your nominator
2. Post 11 Random Facts about yourself
3. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 bloggers to do the same (have to have less than 200 followers)
5. Let them know they have been nominated
Now on to my assignment:
11 THOUGHTS ABOUT LISA OF GRAYDAYSANDCOFFEE:
1. Having to do this gives me mental palpitations. Just filling out my Gravatar thingie took about 15 minutes. I finally erased everything I had written, and just wrote that I was stressed about filling it out. Mostly because I’m afraid I’m really weird, and I don’t want anyone to know. And yet I must want some people to know because I’m blogging, right?
2. This entry will probably take half the night because of the aforementioned issues.
3. I am a bit of a Harry Potter fan. We went to the Warner Brothers Studio Tour Making of Harry Potter museum in London this summer, and I cried tears of joy and wonder. I cried more than my daughters cried. (Especially since neither one of them cried) I’ve gone to Pottermore.com and gotten sorted into one of the four Hogwarts houses. (Did I mention I am in my 40’s??) So when we went there I bought gloves with my house crest on them, and took over 500 pictures. (I’m a Slytherin btw)
4. I completely abuse parentheses and the dot dot dot thing. Especially the dot dot dots because I don’t even know what they’re really used for. (And I feel guilty when I end a sentence with a preposition. That’s the extent of my grammar knowledge)
5. When I was in Jr. High I was on the flag football team and we were all-city champions. Go Pound Squires *cheerleader kick*
6. I eat junk food. Mostly Cheetos. Mostly bought at convenience stores after I have dropped my kids off somewhere.
7. Which naturally has produced a slight weight issue, and even more of a dimpling issue. I’m actually starting to look like a Cheeto.
8. When I was growing up, I never wanted to get married. I didn’t want to have kids. I wanted to go to college and get a job and make lots of money and enjoy my freedom. But last June, Bart and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary, so my childhood dreams didn’t work out very well, thankfully. We have two daughters, Jenna and Sarah Jane. They are are my 2nd and 3rd (two are tied) loves of my life.
9. Which brings me to my first love. I love Jesus because He first loved me.
10. My main reason for this blog was to post photos, but I am a writer as well. Mostly I’ve written songs, but I’m currently working on a book I hope to finish in 2 years. There may be another blog that comes into being because of that effort.
11. Since I was a young child, I have struggled with depression and anxiety.
11 QUESTIONS I’M SUPPOSED TO ANSWER FROM THE PEEPS WHO NOMINATED ME. Since there were two who nominated, I’m going to pick and choose from their lists instead of answering 22 questions:
1. What accomplishment are you most proud of: Getting my college degree. (bachelor’s degree in secondary education) The first two years of school were filled with bad choices and bad grades. It was a tough go to try and get my grades out of the gutter and finish.
2. If I could meet any celebrity who would it be: BenedictCumberbatchandMartinFreeman. (if you don’t use spaces it counts as one)
3. What do you do for fun: Play the piano, take pictures, write, read, drink coffee, eat cheetos, and search for new music to add to my ipod. ( beeteedubs: coffee and cheetos do NOT go well together)
4. One of my favorite quotes: “To live with all my might while I do live.” Jonathan Edwards
5. What is your current goal in life: see #4
6. Are you a morning or a night person? A night person. Sometimes by choice.
7. Do I hold grudges? Yes. But less than I used to.
8. Top 5 favorite foods, not in order: Cheetos, pizza, mangos, coffee, pasta.
9. How would you describe yourself? A learner, insecure, discerning, good sense of humor, impatient, creative, good with people but drained by time with people.
10. Who has influenced me the most: My husband and girls
11. Dream vacation: One week at the Inn at Spanish Bay in Carmel, California
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINATED BLOGS:
1. What do you want to be remembered for after you’re gone?
2. Name one good thing and one bad thing about being increasingly connected to the rest of the world. (internet, social media, etc)
3. Name a pet peeve you have.
4. Name something you want to accomplish in 2015
5. What makes you jealous?
6. What makes you laugh?
7. Name a great movie you’ve seen lately
8. What would others say you’re good at?
9. Name something you love about your country
10. Describe a perfect Saturday morning for you
11. Give us one writing/photography tip.
HERE ARE THE BLOGS I NOMINATE. I hope you stop by and check them out, as well as the two above who have nominated me. I’ve enjoyed all of their posts.